What You Can Expect
What You Can Expect During & After Your Roofing Repair?
Have you scheduled a roofing repair or replacement any time soon? If yes, then you may have to do a few preparations around the house. Roofing work isn’t exactly the most convenient repair job for homeowners, but this is no reason to disregard your roof problems. Your roof is one of the most vulnerable places in your house since it is constantly exposed to harmful elements, like heat, snow, wind, and even wild animals.
Ignoring a roof problem will no doubt only cause you even more problems, so it’s best to address the issue as soon as possible. If you want a convenient roofing repair/replacement process, these tips are highly encouraged:
- Protect Valuables – Your roofing contractors will no doubt be hammering and banging on your roof. Objects hanging on your walls or those loosely sitting on the shelves should be taken down temporarily, as they might fall off while your roof is getting its makeover.
- Satellite Dish – Ask your dish provider to come to your house and temporarily remove the satellite dish while roofing repair work is ongoing, and just ask them to re-mount it later on.
- Trees and Bushes – Falling debris and other accidental damage is to be expected during a messy roof work. Cover your bushes with tarps to protect them and expect your trees to be trimmed, especially the branches near your roofs.
- Attic – Your attic would be the most affected place in your house during a roofing work. If you’re using it for storage, remove all valuables and breakables and transfer them somewhere else. If you have a room in your attic, cover the couches or beds with a thick cloth to make sure that they don’t get too dirty.
- Gutters – Your gutters may get damaged during the repair process, but don’t worry because some roofing companies, like Newtco Roofing LLC in Memphis, also offers gutter repair. This will ensure that both your roofs and gutters are in perfect condition once the roofing installation is done.
- Clean-up – Your roofing company will clean up after their mess, so you don’t have to worry about that. You can expect some dirt or dust here and there but it won’t be anything too bad.
As an extra precaution, make sure to inform your roofing contractor of any electrical wiring and plumbing done on your attic so that they could exercise the necessary precaution.
“We’ll not only stand on your roof. We’ll stand behind it!”